Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Journey Into Fatherhood Part 2

The day was August 29, 2005 and I was just as excited about this pregnancy. It was a dream of mine to have a son, and the day had finally come. On the day that hurricane Katrina made landfall in New Orleans, Louisiana, he was born at 9lbs 6oz and 21 inches. Yeah he was big, but he was so cute. I was on cloud 9 when I saw the first picture of him, he had on a baseball onesie and a baseball in his hand. If you know me, being a baseball fan, he will play one day.

I gotta say he was a breast feeder from day one, he was hungry all the time as he is now at almost 5. Wow how the time has flown by. One day he will be in the majors saying this hit is for my dad, I have a tear in my eye just thinking about it.

I was so grateful for having my friends and family there for that moment, you know who you are thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment